- Usual Kakejiku
- Seasonal Kakejiku
- Auspicious Kakejiku
- Buddhist Kakejiku
- The Girl's or Boy's Festival Kakejiku
- Dragon or Tiger Kakejiku
News / Blog
Spring Dawn / Keiji Sasaki - Shungyou
- Product ID
- Keiji Sasaki
A Japanese-style painter
Born in Kyoto
- 602mm x 1890mm
- Roller End Material
- Artificial ivory
- Material of the Work
- JPY 500,000
- Stock Condition
- In stock
- Payment: Click the Paypal Mark
- Duty and Taxes
Import duty and taxes are beyond our control and may apply to your shipment. Please noted that these fees are the responsibility of the buyer.
This work’s title means spring dawn. Whenever I think of a spring dawn, I remember an old Chinese poem by Meng Haoran.
- In spring, I fall into a sleep so deep that I don’t notice the dawn.
- When I wake, there are birds singing here and there.
- Thanks to a storm in the middle of the night, it seems flowers are scattered everywhere.
In this painting, the cherry blossoms don’t fall but are beautifully in full bloom. However, if we become aware of this title, we cannot but imagine a storm might come. Therefore, we feel the transience of the cherry blossoms more strongly, and our hearts are captured. Keiji Sasaki considers even a title a part of the artwork, and makes this title play an important role; It makes us see this work from a different angle. Keiji Sasaki is a very imaginative painter, and this work is very impressive.